Thursday, March 7, 2013

Facebook Fast--Final


I feel pretty confident that God does, in fact, have a sense of humor.  I also feel confident that He knows me (this is how I know He has a sense of humor).  He knows me through and through.  He knows how easily I can miss a simple lesson in the chaos of my life.  He knows me so well that, at times, He leads me down a longer path to reach my destination, just so that I can fully absorb the lesson.  

I will never have absolute understanding of the knowledge & wisdom of God, but I do crave it, respect it, and pray that I never find myself foolishly set up against it.  I know that finding the nothing better life is fully encompassed in His abundance of  knowledge & wisdom.  If I strive for more and more understanding of and fill my mind & soul with the knowledge & wisdom of God, then eventually my thoughts will be born from His knowledge & wisdom instead of my own.  "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice."  (Proverbs 12:15)  I know no better adviser than God.  And some days I know no greater fool than myself.  God, let me listen to you and accept your advice so freely offered.  "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."  (James 1:5)  My goal, although I know impossible this side of Heaven, would be to have my heart full of His words, so that my thoughts would flow freely from them, spilling only His wisdom and none of my foolishness.  Yes, that would be my goal. What is in my heart now?  Well, maybe I need to empty out some stuff first.  A little home reorganization project of sorts?  I wouldn't want my heart cluttered up with nonsense and yuck.  I think God is using this time to clean out my heart so that there is room for His goodness.   Oh, God, if only Your good would overflow from my heart & lips. 

The round-about lesson I'm getting through all this?  When it started out, I thought this lesson was mostly to do with my words.  And, in part, it is.  There really is nothing new under the sun.  Nothing I say will be new.  However, my words do have the ability to heal or hurt.  So, my words are both meaningless and powerful at the same time, a paradox right?  This is just a small lesson within the bigger lesson.  The bigger lesson?  Where do my words come from?  They must come from love.  Love has the power to save.  Love holds the power to change hurt to heal.  

I will never be perfect.  I will not always have the perfect words or the perfect timing.  But God is perfect.  And He will remind me time & again when I am out of His will.  He will bring me back.  He will teach me, show me, guide me, discipline me, and keep me His.  So, there may be occasions where He suggests I leave Facebook or blogging or various other situations....but it will all be for my greater good because He loves me.  It will be for lessons that I need to relearn or learn for the first time.  He does nothing by mistake.  So, I will savor His wisdom.  I will lean not on my own understanding, but look to His.  I will let His love wash over me & fill my heart, so that hopefully that is all that escapes from me, whether in words or actions.  Love.

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.  For out of the overflow of the heart his mouth speaks."
Luke 6:45


No comments:

Post a Comment